That wonderful time when social media blows up with THANKS.
Am I the only one who finds it mildly annoying?
I mean...I get it, it's good to remember to be thankful.
But the lists people put out are so predictable it just makes me want to punch something.
Oh weird, you're thankful for your family/faith/home/car/happiness/etc. Mind Blowing. Because I thought you hated all of those things. Thank GOODNESS "Thanksvember" came around so you could set me straight.
Also..is it just me, or are some of their "THANKS" items just really bragging opportunities?
I'm really thankful for my beautiful new home with real hardwood floors and vaulted ceilints, with deeded lake access, and a pool, and a moat with a drawbridge, and a dragon...and...
And some of their "THANKS" items are more like wishes...not reality.
I'm really thankful for my wonderfully amazing fiance who listens to my every thought and does so many chores around the house and always remembers everything I ask of him and LOVES watching Say Yes To The Dress & planning our wedding with me!!!!!!
So, in order to truly display my annoyance...
I'm making my own damn list.
A list of shit that I'm thankful for...that is not stuff you think of every day.
It's the stuff you really DO need to be reminded to be thankful for.
1) Yellow Stop Lights. Not only are they your preverbial "get out of jail free" card when you're in a rush and going through an area with stop lights, but they also are one of those games you don't realize is a game until your halfway through playing it.
Can you make it before it turns red?! WEEEEE'LL SEEEEE!!!!
2) Microwaves. For those nights (every night) when I really don't have an ounce of energy to cook.
3) DVR. So I don't have to base my life around what time my favorite show(s) are on T.V.
4) Wine. So I have an excuse to sit on my ass and watch my DVR. Yes, I'll empty the dishwasher...just let me finish my wine.
5) Pony Tail holders. For those days (every day) when I'm too lazy to blowdry/straighten/style my hair. It also leads to the idea that I may have worked out or be planning to work out that day. Neither is ever true.
-Also see: "yoga pants"
6) Dumb People. For helping me feel smart(er) on a daily basis.
7) Online shopping. So I don't have to make any real effort (get dressed, shower, drive, etc) to engage in my favorite hobby. *Bonus thanks for companies with free returns..for those damn impulse buys.
8) Dry Shampoo. Enough said.
Just realizing how lazy and unhygienic this list is making me sound
We need a quick turnaround here.
9) A Full Refridgerator. No, this isn't some "cheesy" answer that talks about how I'm thankful to have food on my table when so many others don't. No. This is about the fact that when I'm hungry I really appreciate having options at my finger tips. Simple as that.
10) People who keep their plungers next to their toilet. You know, to prevent that akward moment when you're at someone's house and drop a giant crap in their toilet, and it plugs, and there's no plunger in sight....so you have to go out of the bathroom and ask where it is and then plunge it, the whole time knowing they know what you did. Side Note: Our plunger is next to our toilet. You're welcome.
11) Facebook. For letting me keep tabs on people I normally would completely forget existed, at all times. Thanks for making cyber-stalking "normal" and accessible.
12) November. For inspiring people to remember things they are thankful for...and then rubbing it in to the whole world :)