Randomly enough, I was excited to see that my little space on the internet had been nominated for the exact same award by pisforpreschooler, a blogger with creativity I can only HOPE to match someday.
So here's how it works...
First, I get to share 11 random facts about myself.
1) I live by the motto, "Work to Live, DON'T Live to Work" It's actually what my iPhone alarm is set as every morning so I can remind myself that I am working so I can have a better life, but that work is NOT my life.
2) I'm terrified of being stuck under an overpass while I'm driving. It's one of my biggest fears and happens at least a few times a month when I'm stuck in traffic while commuting.
3) I do a REALLY convincing British accent. Honestly. It's a very useful skill...or not.
4) I can type faster than most people. That is the only reason why I am able to keep a blog while working full time and mothering a young child.
5) I love the smell of dog food. I don't think it smells good, but I love the smell. When I was little, I always wanted a dog, and when I'd go to a store and smell the food in the pet department it got me excited for the day I'd actually get to buy some.
6) I like to see how close to empty I can get my car before filling it up. It drives my husband crazy.
7) My 3 best friends all live in different states than me (well, one is technically still living here, but about to move). Somehow, we still have managed to remain best friends through the distance.
8) I love to read books that are embarassing to admit that you read. Examples: Twilight, Shopaholic, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, etc.
9) I know how to play the guitar.
10) I still love watching Laguna Beach re-runs...and The Hills
11) I hate grocery shopping
I get to answer the questions posted by pisforpreschooler:
1. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging for about almost 9 months
2. What do you like about blogging?
I like that I get to tell funny stories, vent frustrations, share successful & failed ideas, and hoping that someone out there can relate or at least get a good laugh out of what I have to say.
3. What book have you read that has stayed with you?
I read a book in my Human Sexuality class in college entitled, A Child Called 'It'. If you have the stomach for some pretty intense reading, I'd highly recommend it.
4. What are the ages of your children, if you have any?
My baby boy, M.D. is going to be 1 years old a week from tomorrow (YIKES!)
5. What is your favorite thing to do, just for yourself?
Curling up with a glass of wine and a good book
6. What would you do if you won the lottery?
Hmmm...what wouldn't I do?! I'd buy a (slightly) bigger house, quit my job, hire a maid, and go on lots of family vacation
7. What is your favorite quote?
This is probably cheating, but I'm going to steal my quote from my 11 things about me. "Work to Live, Don't Live to Work"
8. What is your favorite season?
Fall. It reminds me of going back to school, which I always loved (NERD!)
9. What tip would you give to a new blogger?
Don't try to hard. Just have fun. Don't worry about what people will think, what will bring more traffic, write about what makes you happy and it will be worth it (even if only your family ends up reading it!)
10. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
Greece. I've always wanted to go, especially after watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants one hundred times...(dork!)
11. What is your favorite childhood memory?
When were young, we'd always do a Christmas pagent with my whole extended family. There were cotumes and everyone had a role to play (I was usually the angel). We'd sing Silent Night and light candles and have a Christmas parade through the house while my Grandpa played guitar. That was awesome.
There's one last rule, this part makes it kind of like a chain letter...I hate chain letters :)
I'm supposed to nominate 11 other blogs (that aren't already HUGELY followed) and have 11 questions for them to answer. The hard thing is, a LOT of the blogs I follow ARE hugely followed, that's how I found them. Also, I'm kind of "internet shy" so I am nervous to message a bunch of awesome bloggers and tell them to answer my question
I'm not putting 11 on my nominee list.
I'm bad at following rules.
My nominees are:
He & I
My questions for these blogging super women are:
1) What is your favorite vacation spot?
2) What is the book you are reading right now?
3) Who do you look up to the most?
4) What is the most embarassing song on your iPod right now?
5) What is your worst habit?
6) What TV show can you not get enough of?
7) If you had a whole week free to yourself, (no baby or husband) what would you do?
8) What item do you refuse to buy the generic brand of? (if any)
9) Where is the most incovenient place your child has pooped/puked/spit-up/peed?
10) Where did you meet your best girl friend?
11) What is your favorite blog to follow (you can't say your own!) :)
Thanks for the nomination, again, pisforpreschool! I'm beyond honored!
And just for good measure...
Some pictures of M.D. (and his cousin Choob)